Without tracking how many Amazon promo codes are used and thus result in sales, it is hard to gauge the effectiveness of a promotion.
In this post, we detail how to track promo code use on Amazon, so ultimately you can better gauge the effectiveness of your campaigns.
The best way to track promo code use is with the All Orders report available in Seller Central.
How To Track Promo Code Use on Amazon With All Orders Report
The All Orders Report available in Seller Central contains a record of promo codes used for each order made. Downloading and analyzing this report will allow you to track how many promo codes were used, and how many sales were made.
This provides the most precise data for tracking promo code usage.
- Login to Seller Central, navigate to the ‘Reports’ tab and click on ‘Fulfillment.’
- On the left-hand side, under ‘Sales’ choose ‘All Orders.’
- Choose the date range over which you ran your promo campaign.
- Click Request Download. Wait for the Report Status to change from Progressing to Download, and then click Download.
- Import the download txt file into a Spreadsheet
- With Google Sheets: File > Import > Upload >Select the file from your computer >Replace data at selected cell
- Create a filter (Data > Create a filter)
- Navigate to the column ‘promotion-ids.’ It is the last column in the report.
- Open the filter for this column by clicking the green inverted triangle, click on Clear and then select the promotion-id of the specific promotion you want to track. *You can find the promotion id by going into Seller Central > Promotions > Manage Promotions, and the promotion id is the tracking id*
- Now you have a breakdown of all the orders made, and the quantity of each order made, for that promotion.
- Hint: To make this easier, develop a useful system for giving your promotions tracking IDs, so you can easily identify the promotions in these reports.
In Summary: Tracking Amazon Promo Codes
The ability to track the usage of Amazon promo codes is essential to evaluate the effectiveness of your promo campaign. We outlined above how to track promo code usage with the All Orders report in Seller Central.
Now that you know how to track sales from your promotions, you can measure how effective your campaigns are. So here’s to creating promotions that are successful and help grow your business!
RANK LIKE THE PROS
Discover a better way to rank products from external traffic, like Facebook, Google and TikTok, with LandingCube promo pages.
Try it free for 21 days.